On Sunday, September 8, 1957, Koeppe School on Uhlin Drive in Middleburg Heights opened its doors to serve the community as a place of worship and study for a new Methodist congregation. There were 147 persons present in the church school classes from nursery through adult and about 200 persons attended the worship service. Early in 1958, the Methodist Union of Cleveland completed the purchase of 5.9 acres with 625 foot frontage on East Bagley Road in Middleburg Heights. A temporary sign was placed on the plot, designating it as the future site of Pleasant Hills Methodist Church. In 1962, the first cornerstone of Pleasant Hills was laid "with gratitude for all whose faith and consecration made the building possible, for all who shared in their spiritual adventure, and with hope for all who shall worship in the building for years to come, in the name of Almighty God, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, unto the ages, world without end."